Saturday, August 9, 2014

Random Thoughts #33 - "I rather believe that time is a companion..."

"...who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again."

It's a nice quote from a pretty subpar movie. I told you the not-so-good Trek movies have something good to offer! It's been a while since I've done one of these, so here are a couple of random thoughts.

High School Reunion

I recently had my 10 year high school reunion. I quite liked it. I got to see people I haven't seen since our last reunion and some I literally haven't seen since 2004. I ate, talked, took pics, and even danced a little bit. It was cool seeing most of my classmates and seeing what they're doing now. I even got to see faces of some people I didn't graduate with and that was real nice. My only peeve is that I didn't get to see some other old classmates that night. You know who you are, Ms. Person! Oh well, at least there's the 15 or 20 year reunion... if we're still here as a society, that is.

"Teenage Mutant Ninja Linebackers"
I recently saw the new TMNT movie. I thought I might as well go see it since I've never seen a Turtles movie in theatres. Plus, it wasn't too long and I had time to do some before work. I knew it was getting bad reviews, so I was a little timid. In the end, it was okay. It wasn't really good, but I was entertained for the most part.

PROS
  • The Turtles and Splinter -  I thought the Turtles and Splinter were fine. Their personalities were intact even if their origins were changed a bit. Their updated looks were weird, but I got used to them. Leo's was pretty cool.The only one whose new look I didn't particularly like was Donatello's. They, especially Michelangelo, provided some nice funny moments as well.
  • The action - I thought the action scenes themselves were nice though there was some crappy shaky-cam going on at times. The mountain chase scene was definitely the highlight of the movie.
  • Megan Fox and Will Arnnett -  I thought Megan Fox was okay as April. Yes, I said it. She wasn't the best but she was fine. I also thought Will Arnett was okay as Vern. He also provided a couple of funny moments.
I now introduce to you the 2014 NFL Draft Picks! God, help us all.

CONS
  • The story - The overall story wasn't that good. It felt rushed at points especially at  the ending. There just wasn't much developed with the characters. Also, the villains' motivations were pretty poor.
  • The villains - Sacks, Shredder and the Foot Clan weren't that great. As I said before, their motives were pretty weak. It also looked like the Shredder himself (the Asian guy behind the mask) was just thrown in so Eric Sacks wouldn't have been the Shredder as it looks like it was originally planned. His backstory even made it seem like he was the Shredder, so I didn't get it.
Even though it has some big flaws, I was still entertained by it.

Superman Month
Well, September is coming and you know what that means. I haven't gotten everything planned out, but I more or less know what I want to do. I know I'm looking at a couple of Grant Morrison stories. I also know I'm going to look at that one story Alan Moore is famous for. After that, I really don't know what else. Just stay tuned.
Hey, Jay Leno wants his chin back!

Women
I just got to throw that in there. I got no reason today though there is this one who... eh, never mind.

Well, that's all I got for now. Stay tuned for some more Superman love in September. Peace and God Bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment