Unlike henchmen, sidekicks are another story all-together. Simply, they are there to help and support the protagonist. They usually get more room to shine than the usual henchmen. Sometimes, they are on par with the main hero. There are even some that can outshine the main hero. Other times, they’re the ones that need help. Just look at Robin back in some of those old stories I did last month. That guy got captured a lot! So, here are my Top 12 Sidekicks in fiction. I chose twelve because it’s a magic number.
12. Kato from The Green Hornet
11. Chewbacca from The Star Wars Trilogy
10. Chloe Sullivan from Smallville
9. April O’Neill and Casey Jones from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
8. Wang from Big Trouble in Little China
7. Samwise Gamgee from Lord of the Rings
6. Hal ‘Otacon’ Emmerich from the Metal Gear Solid franchise
5. Genie from Aladdin
4. Robin from the Batman franchise
3. Dr. Emmett Brown from Back to the Future
2. Dr. John Watson from Sherlock Holmes
1. Spock from Star Trek
Well, that ends that. Are there other cool sidekicks? Yeah, but these are the ones that really stuck out to me. If you have any sidekicks that are your favorites, let me know.