Thursday, December 19, 2013

Random Thoughts #28 - Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

Man, I got to finish that book. I stopped reading it when it started to get interesting. I got it at the library in Pulaski and it goes back Sunday. Luckily, it’s kind of a brisk read. Before I get to finishing that book and trying to seek out some movie called Blade Runner, here are a couple of random thoughts. I will say that work’s good and that I have nothing to say about women as of now.

The library is a wonderful place!
Yes, I stand by that statement. Looking at text on a screen can get a bit boring especially when you work in that field. So, I try to go to the library whenever I’m in the hometown. They actually have a good selection of Hardcovers and Trade Paperbacks. During my latest look, I decided to pick up “Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?” and finish it out. I also picked up a couple of other books that I kind of want to quickly talk about:
  • Avengers: Endless Wartime – I was wondering how this was, so I picked it up. Recently, Marvel has started to release Graphic Novels in the same way DC releases their Earth One GNs. The key difference is that this is in continuity. The overall plot revolves around the Avengers going up against a threat from Thor and Captain America’s past. Overall, it was okay, but not that good. The dialogue was Whedon-like, but the overall story was full of “meh.” The artwork was also pretty dull and that’s weird because Mike McKone did the artwork. He’s usually better than this, so I don’t know what was going on there. The book pretty much exists because of the Avengers movie. That entire cast of characters is there as well as Wolverine and Captain Marvel. If you don’t read comics much, you might like this. Other fans might not like it as much.
  • Batman and Philosophy: The Dark Knight of the Soul – Yes, I picked it up. “Don’t judge me,” I sarcastically say! It was one of those last-second grabs. The book is full of articles from different people and they try to enter philosophy into certain aspects of the character. They talk about why Batman does what he does and throw in names like Kant and Aristotle. I’ve only read a few of the articles and it’s okay. I’m not into philosophy much, so this has little interest with me. Also add the fact that a lot of the things have been talked about everywhere else online. It’s alright for those who want want to mix philosophy and Batman together.

Martial Arts Month
That’s right, folks! It’s a themed month based on the arts of martial… yeah, I’ll never say that again. Anyway, this basically gives me a little time to give a look at the different media that’s based around martial arts. While I really didn’t study martial arts, I’ve always had a love for it and the many styles. It mostly comes from movies and TV shows I’ve seen and my dad. I know that I’m going to look at some things that involve a certain bad mofo by the name of Bruce Lee. I will try to look at some other martial arts actors and their movies. I got a couple of comics I want to talk about and one of them is a Bruce Lee comic from the 90’s... be afraid and prepare to laugh. I also have a couple of surprises in store, so stay tuned. 

.............

Well, I’m out of things to say. If this is my last post for the year, I want to wish you a Merry Christmas, A Happy Kwanza, a happy Hanukkah (a belated one), a Happy Beer Day, Happy Black Thursday, and a Happy New Year. I wanted to get include them all today. Peace, God Bless, and be with your loved ones in this pretty hectic time.

No comments:

Post a Comment