Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Random Thoughts #48 - "Painting's Messy"

I haven't gotten to this point in the rewatch yet, but I really relate to this pic now. I'm just not as mad as Adama.

Well, this year is moving fast. With all that's going on in the world, it's like things don't want to slow down. At least my break from work helped me out. I took a week off a couple of weeks ago to rest a bit and do some house work. As you can tell,  I didn't get any blog work done since there's so much going on. Now that I'm rejuvenated (and not losing track of my jump drive!!!), I think it's time for another edition of Random Thoughts.

Channel Not-so-Awesome?
So, this was a surprise in the making. Channel Awesome (formerly known as That Guy With The Glasses) was a site I used to peruse back in the day. It's a  site that hosts (or now hosted) videos from Internet reviewers like the Nostalgia Critic, Linkara, Spoony, and other folk of that sort. Watching them (especially Linkara) was one of the things that got me into talking about geeky stuff here. I barely go to the site these days since pretty much everyone (current and former contributors) is on YouTube. For more info on who they are, here's a link since I'm not a wiki.

Anyway, Channel Awesome is going through a bit of controversy. Back in March, former and current CA folk got to talking on Twitter about the company's problems. It became so much of a thing that some of them released a Google document in order to put their points in a more focused area. Twitter apparently can't handle long threads. CA did issue a statement and that made things worse since it was apparently the worst non-apology ever uttered.

I've been looking at the controversy which is new for me. I try to avoid Internet drama but when it involves something I'm familiar with, my interest is piqued. Because of all the fuss, a lot of contributors have left the site. From what I've read from the document (it's over 60 pages) and CA's response to it all, I can't blame most of them. While some grievances were minor, some of the complaints were pretty messed up. I don't have much of an opinion on the whole, honestly. If all that's been said is true, then boom... shakalaka-shakalaka. I'm not personally invested in it, but seeing all this fallout has been interesting to say the least.


Women
Hmm... what can I say? Not much since I'm not going in that deep here... but so far, so good. All I will say is that she's better with a hammer than I am. I tend to bend my nails up.

Movies
Usually, I start this earlier in the year, but here are the movies I'm interested in seeing this year. Also, here's a quick opinion on a couple I've already seen:
  • Black Panther - Well, this was a good way to start the year out! I'll say more later, but this was really good. While it has a couple of pitfalls, it has enough things in  it to probably make it one of the best Marvel movies.
  • A Quiet Place - This was just released. While I'm not much of a Horror person, this looks interesting. I may give it watch.
  • Ready Player One - This is another recent release I haven't seen yet. When I get some time, I may see this one.
  • Isle of Dogs  - What is this even about? It looks weird but it looks pretty interesting. I'll may end up waiting on it, though.
  • Pacific Rim: Uprising - It's another recent release that you would think I'd be into. I'll wait on this one since I actually wasn't that big a fan of the first movie.
  • Rampage - If my friend, Nichole, was around, I'd get roped into seeing this since Black Adam's in it. It's even got the Comedian and Deathstroke, so who knows?
  • Avengers: Infinity War - Do I need to say anything? I'm in.
  • Deadpool 2 - I still haven't see the first one completely, but I'm not sure about this one.
  • Solo: A Star Wars Story - Well... I'll see how this does before I see it. I'll have to see it with someone, though.
  • Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - I liked the first revamp, so I may see this one too.
  • Uncle Drew - I thought the trailer was funny. Besides, it's got Shaq in it, so this may be a watch.
  • The Equalizer II - I actually saw the first movie a few months back. My dad loved it. I may have to see more of the cool, bald version of Denzel Washington. 
  • Mission Impossible: Fallout - I'll admit seeing Henry Cavill doing his best Magnum P.I. impression is guiding me to see this.
  • Aquaman - I'm down. While Justice League didn't blow up, I'm still interested in seeing more from the DCEU. Aquaman isn't my first choice for a hero, but Jason Momoa's cool, so I'll give it a shot.
  • Ant Man and the Wasp - I'll probably see this. While Ant Man isn't one of my personal faves (need to see it again), this could be good
  • Venom - Ha... ha. Yeah, I'll probably pass on this one.
  • Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse - Now, this Spider-Man movie may be interesting. It's an animated version of the Miles Morales Spider-Man, so this may be a watch.
Well, that's all I really got for now. I'll be back with what I was supposed to post last weekend. Then, I'll be gearing up for Sci-fi Month. Until then, Peace, God Bless, and be careful out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment