Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Random Thoughts #34 - Creed's first album was kinda good!

Well, another year ends. It’s the last day of 2014, so I think it’s finally time for some random thoughts. As for Creed, I picked their first album up during the year and I like it for the most part. I know it's weird especially when the lead singer has apparently lost it these days.

2014… not too bad
As a year, 2014 was fine. It wasn’t great, but it wasn’t horrible either. It was just a good year. Heck, I made it to the end of the year, so I guess I can say that. My family is doing well for the most part. My grandfather on my dad’s side died in June, and that was pretty tough. The pastor to my parents’ church passed away only a few weeks later, so death is getting around these days. If there’s one thing that will affect anyone, it’s death. Still, I can say that it’s been a good year. God helped get through this pretty weird year. My family’s doing well, the job’s good, and a lot of friends are moving on in life. Now all I need to do is find the next Mrs. Williams which hopefully isn’t too hard.

I checked my resolutions/plans for 2014 and I stuck to it a bit. I did go to the gym. I don’t know if I lost any weight, but I do feel a little more healthy. So, here are my plans for the new year:
  • Eat healthy and exercise.
  • Get rid of more debt.
  • Do more remodeling.
  • Find a good woman.
  • Live life to its fullest.
  • Get rid of baggage.
  • Be a better man.

WOMEN
Women… hmm… I got nothing to say this time. Maybe I’ll have something to say next year… I will have something to say next year.

Movies
I meant to write about these movies during Thanksgiving, but I didn’t feel like it. Thanks, Grant Morrison! Anyway, I used that holiday weekend to finally watch some movies that I’ve wanted to see: Pacific Rim, Transcendence, and Edge of Tomorrow.

  • Pacific Rim – I thought the movie was okay, but it didn’t blow my socks off. I liked the overall plot and the effects, but something felt missing. I think it had to do with some of the characters. I liked Idris Elba and the woman who played Mako (Rinko Kikuchi), but the main lead was pretty bland. I did like Ron Pearlman in his small role though. I thought the plot involving Charlie Day’s character was interesting. Overall, it was alright. It definitely needed some “teenagers with attitude!”
  • Transcendence – This was also in the “just okay” bracket. For those who probably didn’t see this movie, you can get a better view of it here. While it’s a sci-fi story, it’s more of a love story between Depp’s character and his wife. I honestly thought Johnny Depp was about to fall asleep in the role. The other big actors also don’t get to do much either. I also wasn’t a fan of most of the characters in this movie. They were either too naïve or too paranoid about the A.I. taking over everything. It brought the idea of A.I. forward but it didn’t do anything with it. The idea of whether the A.I is good or evil isn’t even debated at all. In order to stop the A.I. that really hasn’t done anything evil, the “heroes” have to basically destroy the Web which will throw the world into chaos. Only one person in the group questions it and he (Paul Bettany’s character) was my favorite character of the bunch! He questioned a lot of dumb decisions in the movie and no one listens to him. Overall, I thought was okay but weird in places.
  • Edge of Tomorrow – This movie was awesome. There’s really nothing horrible about it. I liked Tom Cruise in this especially since he plays a character I don’t think he’s played before: a coward who doesn’t know anything. I liked seeing his character develop into a warrior as well as his many, many deaths. If you don’t like Tom Cruise, you may like this movie. I also liked Emily Blunt’s character as well.  The effects were cool, the story made sense, and the action was awesome. I will say that the ending does feel a little predictable but it’s not a horrible ending. If you haven’t seen this movie, check it out. I definitely recommend it.

Well, it’s been good. I’d make a joke about how some random marathon was held to keep the lights on, but I’ll pass this time. I still have things to talk about, so I’ll be Bach…or Mozart, either guy works. I don’t know about that Beethoven dude though.

COMING SOON: COMICS, SUPERMAN, BATMAN, MOVIES, TV, STAR TREK, CLASSIC SCI-FI, THE ULTIMATE UNIVERSE, MARVEL’S MOVIE UNIVERSE, GAMES,  HULK, THE 1998 CHICAGO BULLS, RICK JAMES,  MAYBE SOME DISCUSSIONS ON WOMEN, MUSIC, JEAN-CLAUDE VAN-DAMME, FOOD, CATS, DOGS, MASS HYSTERIA, AND OVERALL WEIRDNESS!


Well, I am done for the year. Peace, God Bless, and be safe in the new year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment