Sunday, May 22, 2011

Graphic Novels - "I'm back!"

Well after about a month of not doing the GN thing, I'm back and I'm doing something new...sort of anyway. For the last few months, I have been getting a lot of DC stuff from the mid 80’s to early 90’s. I have to say, it’s some real good stuff. So, I am going to take a break from the “Geoff Johns Saga” and I am going to go over stuff from DC post-COIE. Since I got "Man of Steel" out of the way, I'm going to go over another hero's origins and first days.


Remember that hero who went to prison for 90 days on a DUI charge? Well, that hero was Hal Jordan, Green Lantern of sector 2814. Who knew? The Emerald Dawn series goes into Hal’s early days as a GL. It also goes into the story of a well-known villain of Hal’s, which is some fun stuff. Before I hit , I have to talk about how Hal got to that road, as well as how he got the ring and began to be the “Greatest Green Lantern of All Time”. The story is called Green Lantern: Emerald Dawn. Now I’m not going to give a big synopsis of the 6-issue tpb, but I will give you a small synopsis of the story and my feeling about the story. Plus, since the movie Green Lantern is coming out in about a month, this sounds like a nice time to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment