Sunday, October 3, 2010

Favorite 11 Albums of All Time!!!! (Okay, not really "Of All Time")

Well,........I'm bored (shocking, ain't it?). I recently saw a note post on Facebook where he listed the 20 albums that influence him most. I thought about doing one of those too, but I decided to not follow the crowd and do something else. I will list the albums that I like most, but instead of 10 or 20, I'll go with 12 'cause I'm just like that, dang it. So, here...we...go...



12. Saturday Night Fever (Soundtrack)
Yeah, that. Well, I somehow ended up going through a 70's music phase when I was younger (and I'm sorta still in it....sorta). So, I got a cassette version of the soundtrack and I liked it (lost the tape though). Admittedly, it was some good music and if anything, made me listen more of that music. My favorite song from this album would probably be "Stayin' Alive" by the BeeGees.

11. Purple Rain (Soundtrack)
That's right, folk! The man who purified himself in the waters of Lake Minitonka(?) is on this list. Purple Rain, while an okay movie, is a great album, minus a couple of songs, but good all the same. Mind you, I don't own all of the album (a few songs off iTunes), but it's still good to me. Favorite song? "When Doves Cry".

10. At His Best - Bill Cosby
Hey, I didn't say that this is regulated to music did I? Bill Cosby is one of my favorite comedians. The album, while not having all of his funniest stuff (there are others albums out there) it's still good and funny. My favorite part would probably be "Why Beat Your Wife".

9. The Essential Luther Vandross Collection
Come on now! Everyone, and I mean everyone, needs some Luther in their collection somewhere. Favorite song: "A House is not a Home".

8. The Police - Every Breath You Take: the Classics
And here it is: the thing that introduced me to the Police (Mixed 92.9 also helped that too.). It's pretty much an album of most of their greatest hits (well, most of them, anyway), and I like it. Favorite songs: "Every Little Thing She Does is Magic" and "Walking on the Moon".

7. Legend - Bob Marley and the Wailers
(In a Jamaican accent) "Now come on! A brother needs some Marley in his collection, ya know!" This pretty much got me interested in Reggae. I don't listen to much of it, nor of any of Marley's sons. If you want to listen to something good and classic, you can't go wrong with the Original. Favorite Songs: "I Shot the Sheriff" and "Exodus".

6. The Rebirth of Kirk Franklin - Kirk Franklin
Out of all of Kirk Franklin's albums, this one stands out to me as being his best. I don't know how many times I have heard it. It's good music to listen to when you're ready to get in the praise & worship mode, as well as something to listen to when you're down. Favorite songs: "The Blood Song" and "Brighter Day".

5. Definitive Collection - Stevie Wonder
This has just about every Stevie Wonder hit. It doesn't have "As" and a couple others, unfortunately. Favorite songs: "Superstition" and "I Wish".

4. The Essential Earth, Wind, and Fire - Earth, Wind, & Fire
I like it because it pretty much has every cool song EWF has ever done. Favorites: "Getaway", "In the Stone", "Fantasy", and pretty much all of Disc 2.

3. Off The Wall - Michael Jackson
You know that MJ had to be on this list. The first 5 songs are just awesome. I mean, it's just about 20 minutes of fast, good, music that just makes you want to strut yo' stuff. The album also has what has to be one of the saddest songs I have ever heard in my life. Probably the only one I don't listen to much is "It's the Falling in Love". Favorite songs: The first five songs.

2. Synchronicity - The Police
Now this is the album that really made me a fan of the Police. Every song, except the song "Mother" (got a link below), is great. Favorite songs: "Synchronicity II" and "Wrapped Around You Finger".

1. Thriller - Michael Jackson
And here is the ultimate album. I don't think that much needs to be said about this album. I love every song on here. Favorites: "Beat It", "Lady of My Life", and "Thriller".

And here is the end. Oh yeah, I promised ya'll something:



"Here's the song in all of it's .......glory?"

No comments:

Post a Comment