Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Random Thoughts #56 - "Well, Mary Elizabeth isn't the best name for a baby boy"

I finally got around to reading this story... it was fine. I'm beginning to realize that Johns may not have been the best with his time on Superman.

So, quite a bit has changed since I've gone into one of those Random Thoughts. It's June, it's getting warm, and I've put on a little bit of weight. It could be the fact that the pandemic did a number on me since the gyms were closed. It's tough to exercise with those masks. It could also be the fact that my fiancĂ©'s baby cravings have come to me. 

Hold up, did I say that right?


Husband and Father??

I don't get too personal here, but I thought I'd through this out there now. I've hinted toward it in my last posts, but I don't like throwing every personal thing out there on these Interwebs. Yes, me and Liz are engaged and we're expecting a baby boy in August. It all still feels like a shock to me since I didn't expect any of this around this time last year. Right now, we're trying to get everything prepared for the baby and for everything after that. As for the wedding date, it'll be next year once we've gotten things settled with Andrew Elijah... yeah, we got a prophet in the house! All I ask for is prayer that things go well with the birth and after that.


Other Things

Other than the important things, what else is going on? Not too much. I got a new car since my old Cruze is at 256,000 miles. Even if I already wasn't going to be driving more, I needed something new. The job's the same, but there have been a few changes around here. My sister's has a new job, and I'll have to get used to not annoying her when she's around for a bit. At least we have social media and text.

Movies/TV

I haven't been watching too many movies lately. It's mainly been either newer or older TV shows. I got Liz into watching The Dead Zone on Tubi, something I haven't seen in years. Heck, I found a lot of old stuff I used to watch on there. We're definitely in the age of the streaming services now! I think the only one I don't have yet is Apple+, and I'm not sure what'll happen when they eventually release that Foundation series. I know I want to eventually cover some of the Marvel TV shows here, so look out for that. I'll also eventually watch Spider-Man: Far from Home... yeah, I still haven't seen it yet. I'm not sure why either. I also need to catch up on Superman and Lois. I've only seen the pilot, and so far, so good. I also know of a certain plot point that involves another black Superman... yeah, that surprised me too.

..............................................

Well, that's really all I got for now. Hopefully, I'll have Assassin's Creed Valhalla finally ready to talk about here. That is truly taking a long time to beat, and it would probably be that way even if I didn't have a kid on the way! Anyway, Peace, God Bless, and be careful out there. Also, send diapers!

No comments:

Post a Comment