Saturday, September 5, 2020

Random Thoughts #55 - "2020, Are You Alright?" Part 2


2020: The year where things and stuff happened. To say that it’s been a weird year is an understatement. I remember that my last Random Thoughts post talked about how weird the year was already being. I wonder what Ryell from March would think now!  Not only is the Mamba (Kobe Bryant) gone, our King of Wakanda (Chadwick Boseman) is now gone. That was a shock to my system, and we’ve already been going through stuff. Anyway, strap in for some more Random Thoughts.

2020, Is you Good?

As I said before, 2020’s been a bit much for folk. COVID, or “La Corona” as I call it, is still a problem over here in the US. It’s still an issue everywhere, but it seems like the US or parts of it haven’t got the memo. If they did get the memo, they threw it out along with some decency and sense. Now, I’ll admit that I haven’t stowed up in my house because I got stuff I need to do. Still, I wear masks, got sanitizer, and check myself daily. I think my motto these days is “Pray with Disinfecting” or something.

Then, add an election to it. It’s getting a bit wild out there. I hate how it’s has gotten so politicized and I’m flipping both sides off on this one. I’ve never been too into politics, but after 2016, I felt I needed to keep up with stuff going on. It’s a frakin’ mess with both of these sides. Yeah, I do lean left a bit, but these days, I feel like Fat Joe. I gotta lean back!

.

.

.

Yes, I worked on that for months.

As for the rest, it’s fine. I still have a job, and that’s something most can’t say these days unfortunately. In fact, I’ve switched positions, and that’s a good thing. We had a death in the family just recently. My great-uncle passed away at the age of 96. By the way, it wasn’t COVID. My Uncle Charles and Aunt Claudie were good to us over the years. I still remember some of the gifts they’d send us from Chicago. I remember they sent me a cool slingshot. I rarely used it, but it was cool… until my college roommate broke it. It actually inspired me to get another on Amazon.

After September, it's back to the Assassins... sort of...

I’ve started to do more at the church I go to. I’ve been recording audio and even helping edit video. I didn’t know that a small hobby from college would come into play. As for relationships, it’s gotten interesting. “I’ll leave it at that for now,” I said while smiling. I’ve been renovating (a common thing) but with my parents’ house this time. Their bathroom’s been needing work for a long time, so I took it upon myself to get it back into some order. Once I get that dealt with, maybe I’ll get back to my house.


Superman Month

Oh yes... I'm gonna talk about this...

It’s September, so it’s time to devote some posts to the Man of Steel. I don’t think I’ll run out of things to say about Superman, which is a good thing. This time, I have no themed month. I am going to look at some more recent stories from the comics, talk about a period from the New 52, look at a couple TV shows, and maybe even look at that new animated Superman movie that’s been released. So, sit back and take in the goodness of the Man of Steel… I sound like an apologist or something.

 …………………………………………..

Anyway, I think that’s all for this post. After I’m done with the Kryptonian, I think it’s time to finally talk about some more Assassin’s Creed. Besides, we got another one coming, and it may be a return to form for Ubisoft. What do I mean by that? You’ll find out as the franchise goes even further back and turns into a semi-RPG… oh yes. Anyway, I’m out. Peace, God Bless, and be careful out there. Remember, when in trouble, remember the following:

  1. Don’t dance
  2. Pull up your pants
  3. Do the Rockaway

Seriously though, early 2000’s rap was my time, man!

No comments:

Post a Comment