Sunday, November 13, 2016

Random Thoughts #42 - "Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?"

So... this week's been somewhat interesting. By the way, the title isn't referring to the election though it could go that way. I actually dressed up as the Shadow for this Halloween. I'm not the biggest fan of the character, but the costume's cool and kind of cheap to pull off if you have a suit. Anyway, things are good. I just got off of a small break from work. If you want to know my quick thoughts on the results of the election, it's at the bottom. Now onto other Random Thoughts!


The Mini-Vacation
So, on my mini-vacation... I didn't do anything. I went back to Pulaski and just hung down there for a few days. I'm glad my folks live in the country. Of course, there were the cows, goats, and baby goats to tend to. I also caught up on some reading. I've started to play an old-school RPG called Chrono Trigger. I've had it on my PS3 for months and I've started to really get into it. No wonder I downloaded it! So far, it's pretty good.


Movies
Back in March, I posted a list of movies I wanted to see in theatres or when they came out. I've only seen a few of them in theaters and others I didn't plan on seeing.
  • Race – I still haven't seen this biopic on Jesse Owens yet. I plan to though.
  • Deadpool – I still haven't seen it yet. My sister said it was funny
  • Zootopia – I saw it on Netflix. It was actually pretty good. It had good animation, nice characters, good comedy, and a nice message.
  • 10 Cloverfield Lane - I haven't seen it yet.
  • Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice – I've talked about this enough here. It was good even though it had some noticable flaws. 
  • Miles Ahead – I haven't gotten around to this one yet.
  • Captain America: Civil War – I saw this on opening weekend. I thought it was pretty good. It had a lot to juggle with and it succeeded for the most part. It was a better retelling of that event and it introduced Black Panther and Spider-Man well. The villain wasn't that bad either. Other than a couple of quibbles, it was good.
  • X-Men: Apocalypse – Shockingly, I haven't seen this one yet. I haven't had the time. I'll do it one day and I may even talk about my old idea of a movie involving Apocalypse.
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows – I didn't see it and judging by the recent Nostalgia Critic/AVGN/Black Nerd team-up, I don't need to.
  • Warcraft – Skipped it.
  • Independence Day: Resurgence – I saw this with a friend one Sunday afternoon. It wasn't good. It was nice to see some of the old faces (even Brent Spiner?), but the younger cast didn't do it for me. The first was much better even with its flaws. This movie was a decade too late.
  • Jason Bourne – I haven't gotten to this yet.
  • The Legend of Tarzan – I'll check this out soon
  • Ghostbusters – I actually saw this with the family in Columbia. While it had its funny moments, it's another needless reboot. Had it been an actual sequel (and written better), I would have better things to say about it. At least it was funny.
  • Suicide Squad – I saw this on opening weekend. I did like it but had its problems. I'll probably talk about this later when it's released.
  • Doctor Strange – This was pretty good. It's another Marvel origin but it is better than most of the lot.
  • Shin Godzilla - I talked about this here too. It was a nice re-introduction to Godzilla.

Women
As for this subject... it's a work in progress as usual.

Well, that's all I got for now. I've got a few things I want to get through with before the end of the year. Hopefully, I can do that. For now, Peace, God Bless, and be careful out there. Oh yeah, here's what I posted.


No comments:

Post a Comment