Thursday, March 10, 2016

Random Thoughts #41 - Warmth Hath Cometh!

You'll understand below...

Well, it’s March and it’s finally warm. I can now run outside on the hard pavement. Yay, I guess. At least it isn’t so cold at night now. Work’s good as usual. Women are women. As for the political climate… well, when you have that guy who spews all sort of BS being popular, it makes one a little worried. Yeah, I’m not voting for Mr. “You’re Fired”. I think it’s time for some more of those random thoughts.

Bioware Junkie…
Yes, I must admit that I, ____________, am a Bioware junkie. I can’t help myself! They’ve produced great stories, great characters, and good gameplay! Luckily, it’s an addiction that isn’t crippling since I only play games on the weekend now. Plus, there’s the whole “it’s just a game” thing that I’ve always lived by.

In all seriousness, I’ve been having fun with some last-gen games for a while now. Back in 2012, I bought an old Xbox from a friend of mine who was going to Portugal for missionary work. Hey, it was for a good cause and the console only cost $30. I didn’t play it for a long time since I knew little about Xboxes and I had my PS3. There’s a game store in Columbia that has current-gen games and a lot of old school games. Since I really wanted play some games that I missed out on, I started to check out my Xbox again. There really wasn’t anything wrong with it other than some dust and somewhat crappy disc opener. I’ve got a few games like Jade Empire, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, its sequel, and Half-Life 2. I have to say that’s it’s been good so far. I’ll probably talk about some of them here.

Movies
Well, we’re in that year of big movies. Here is a small list of things that I want to see:
  • Race – Yeah, I know it already came out. I’ve always liked the story of Jesse Owens and hearing that it’s on screen made me smile. I may wait for the DVD though. I’m not sure yet.
  • Deadpool – I know this one’s already out in theatres too. I’m not a fan of the character, but I have heard that it’s good. My sister saw it when it came out. I’ll probably wait on this one too.
  • Zootopia – I wasn’t interested in this until I heard the word of mouth. I may check this out on DVD though.
  • 10 Cloverfield Lane - I might see this one. I may just wait for the DVD though.
  • Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice – if you been paying attention to my recent posts, you can probably tell that I’m excited for the movie. I’m not letting my expectations go out of control though. I had to do this with Man of Steel which I did and still do enjoy. I recently watched MoS over the weekend and it’s still good even with its flaws.
  • Miles Ahead – I know nothing about jazz musician, Miles Davis. From what I’ve heard, he wasn't a nice guy. Still, Don Cheadle and Ewan McGregor are involved, so I might check this out.
  • Captain America: Civil War – As you could probably tell from my posts on the main event, I want see this movie. Hopefully, it’ll do well and be better than the comic was.
  • X-Men: Apocalypse – I may see this in theaters. It’s the X-Men after all. Besides, it’s finally including one really cool villain. I always wondered how Apocalypse would be played with in the movies. I even… well, I might write about some ideas I had for another X-Men trilogy one day.
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows – I’m not sure about this one. I might see it out since I’m a TMNT fan, but I may skip it. Not sure yet.
  • Warcraft – Never played the games but if I hear good things about it, I might see it.
  • Independence Day: Resurgence – I’ll probably see this one. I still have the original somewhere at the house on VHS. I haven’t seen it in years though.
  • Jason Bourne – I might check this out. Not sure yet.
  • The Legend of Tarzan – I might check this out.
  • Ghostbusters – Hmmm… not sure. I’ll have to go with someone if I saw this.
  • Suicide Squad – I’ll probably see it in theatres especially if I hear good things about.
  • Doctor Strange – I may see this in theaters. I have to see how Ben The Cucumber Man does with the role.
  • Assassin’s Creed – I’ll probably see this. Besides, Michael Fassbender in it.
  • Rogue One: A Star Wars Story – I’ll see this one in theaters. Even if it is a prequel, the cast looks really good.

Running a 5K?
I’m thinking about running a 5K this spring. Heck, I probably am going to run a 5K this spring. I haven’t registered yet since I’m not completely sure, but I have been trying to prepare myself. I’m not in the greatest shape but I do walk a lot and run/jog a bit. If anything, this give an excuse to get healthy. I really haven’t gained weight but I haven’t been losing much either which sucks. I do believe I could do this if I keep up with what I’ve been doing over the last few weeks. My main thing now is to keep up with running/jogging. I ain’t walking to the finish line.


Well, that’s all I got for today. I’m going to go back to taking it easy today. Peace and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment