I recently bought A Scanner Darkly on Amazon. I'll read it eventually. Also, did anyone else get an email about that whole tax thing from Amazon? If you wanted me to pay the tax, then you should have done it when I bought that stuff! In the world of sports, the Super Bowl was Sunday and it apparently sucked. I'm glad I skipped it. I'm not big into football, but it'll keep my attention if it's a good game. Also, the Winter Olympics have just started. I might see some of it. I'm more of a Summer Olympics guy.
I’m trying to take it easy since I did a lot last month. Work’s fine and life is still life. It comes with its good and bad. I’m really getting tired of this cold weather, but it’s winter, so I can’t complain too much. Anyway, here’s a list of movies that I might see this year.
- Robocop – I hope this is good. The original movie is awesome, but I can’t say the same about what came after the first movie. I’m not sure if I want to see it in theatres or not. I may just wait and rent it instead.
- Godzilla – “Oh, Godzilla!” He’s back and the trailers look good. I’m a fan of the big, green monster, so I know I’ll see this movie in theatres.
- Captain America: Winter Soldier - Seeing it. That’s all I need to say.
- Transcendence – I might see this one. I saw the trailer and it looks like it will be a good sci-fi movie.
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 – I’ll probably see it. I actually haven’t even seen the previous movie in full. What parts I have seen were alright. I do think Andrew Garfield is a great Peter Parker/Spider-Man, so I might give it a try.
- X-Men: Days of Future Past – Definitely Seeing it. It’s an adaptation of one of my favorite storylines from the comics. I just hope it’s good.
- Edge of Tomorrow – It looks like Groundhog Day mixed with Halo or Gears of War. I might see it.
- Transformers: Age of Extinction – You know, I haven’t even seen the third movie. When I heard it was a lot like the second movie, I gave it a pass. If this one is anything like the last two, I ain’t seeing this trite.
- Dawn of the Planet of the Apes – I’ll probably see this. I’m a fan of the franchise and I thought the previous movie was pretty good.
- Guardians of the Galaxy – I don’t know about this one. I’ve never really read anything about these characters. I might see this one if only to see if it’s any good.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles – I do hope this one’s good. Since Michael Bay’s name is attached to it, I’m worried it might suck. I may wait and rent it though.
- The Expendables 3 – I’ll probably see this one. I don’t know yet. I’ll have to ask my movie-watching friend if she’ll want to see this one with me as well. I enjoyed the last one, so I’ll probably enjoy this one.
- Noah - … Yeah, I might just skip this. I mean, it’s cool they’re making a movie about Noah and what not, but I don’t know. I mean, I can read the story of Noah for free at the house. I’d probably get more from it like that anyway.
- Fifty Shades of Gray - ….. What is this doing on the list? I ain’t seeing this fluff. Now if it was "50 Shades of Jean Grey," then my curiosity would be peaked.
Well, that’s all I got for today. I’ll be back soon with something. For now, I’ll leave you with this:
So, I can't stand on the toilet, fish in it, nor drop bombs in it? Okay. I 'm still wondering about the bombs unless they mean to ward off people who have bad stomachs.