Saturday, December 25, 2021

"It's a Video Game" - My Time with Mass Effect Legendary Edition: Part 2

The moment when you feel that you've played one of the best games ever.

Yes, it's Christmas Day, and I'm posting this. We got a little break in the day, so I thought I'd come on here and get these out. I actually did plan on doing this last night, but sleep swept upon me. That tends to happen when you're wrapping gifts and watching some Space:1999 while recovering from a crapton of food-eating.

Anyway, on to the point of this post. After my time with ME1, I jumped right into one of my favorite games: Mass Effect 2. Now this felt like home. If Mass Effect 1 made me fall for the series, Mass Effect 2 is what keeps me coming back. Yes, it lacks some of the customizable details like upgradable weapons and armor, but everything else is good. It takes what ME1 built upon and just expands on everything. The lore of this universe is expanded on. The combat is thankfully retooled and done well. The story is really good, and the most important aspect, the characters, are so well done. 

Unlike ME1's revamp, ME2 doesn't get the same unfortunately. Heck, the game was pretty much firing on all cylinders back in 2010, so nothing really needed to be done to it. Things do look a bit fresher, but that's it. I do wish it could've gotten a bit of a graphics upgrade, but this are fine as is. I didn't take too many pics this time though. I think I was having too much fun in the game. Still, here are some good ones.

They got me in this cool armor... and I don't get to stay in it long!

Well, here I go again... you'd think Miranda would know how to give a brotha a fade.

Looking good, Anderson.

For tonight's band, we have Mordin and the Bi-OTs.

My baby... oh well, at least the SR2 is swanky.

So, what's the story behind Lady Liberty?

Hey, Event Horizon!

Kasumi.

Samara.

I think I know why Bioware added Photo Mode now.

Kinda lonely...

Taking out them Collectors once and for all!

Well... either this Shepard's a dog or Liara's understanding of Shepard having company.

All right! Let's blow up a solar system... wait, what?

Dang robot's looking so dramatic.

Gotta get Shep and Garrus together in stuff.

Huh... I guess Liara is fine with Kelly then.

Not only does it look like Shepard is going to get yelled at by the Alliance, but it also seems like Jor-El and the Kryptonian Council's getting on the action.

Well, that's all I got for now. I just finished Mass Effect 3, so I'll get those out soon. Until then, Peace, God Bless, and have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment