Sunday, March 3, 2019

Random Thoughts #52 - "I Can Hear the Rain! All 12 Inches of It!"

Well, it’s been a minute since I’ve been here. I’ve been dealing with work which has been good. I’ve been setting up a new blog on Wordpress (Comic Crossover Central). Then, there’s the fact that my girlfriend’s birthday is around Valentine’s Day. That took a while to plan. Then, there’s just the fact that February (and March) tend to be break periods for me. There’s also the fact that this PS4 contraption’s been taking my time. Either way, I’m back for a bit. So, it’s time to get to some Random Thoughts.

“Space, The Final Frontier!”
Back in February, we went to the U.S. Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville for my girlfriend’s birthday. In all the time I’ve gone to Huntsville to visit family, I’ve never been there. I think the closest I got to it was a job fair that was being held in that vicinity. Anyway, we saw some good sites and got to spend some quality time together learning about the space program. I didn’t take too many pics for some reason, but I did get some nice ones. It was just a good day in general.

“Rain? What Rain?”
"This was fun," I mentally sarcastically said. 

Man, Tennessee’s been getting hit with rain. It’s like God said, “You know, I think I’ll hit y’all with something other than snow this time!” I ain’t complaining too much, but when you’re being reminded of the floods Tennessee had from 2010, it’s a little worrying. While Nashville got hit as usual, most of TN got it hard. I know Giles County especially around Elk River was looking scary. Me and my dad even had to fish out a couple of our tarps from a stream. It was nuts. Maybe we’ll get with that snow in March, but you never know these days.

Movies/TV
With the weather being all over the place, I haven’t gone to the movies much for now. I know Captain Marvel is coming out this week and I’ll probably go see that. I’m not a big fan of Ms. Danvers, but the movie could surprise me. I’ve also been watching season 2 of Star Trek: Discovery and I’m enjoying it so far. I know I’ll be getting into detail with it when the season’s over. I guess I’ll list off some of the stuff I’ve seen lately even the unfinished TV shows.
  • Into the Spider-Verse – I had to go out and see this one in theaters. The word of mouth was right on this one. I’ll probably go into more detail on it later on, but this is one of the better Spider-Man movies. Yeah, so what it’s animated? The dang thing won an Oscar, so shush! While I haven’t been an avid reader of Miles Morales, it was cool seeing his origin recreated on the big screen. Seeing the various Spider-Men was cool, the animation was pretty creative, and the Easter eggs were nice.
  • The Prodigy – Me and Liz saw this the same day we went to Huntsville. It’s a suspense movie with a twinge of horror. It was about a 10 year-old by who’s… a prodigy. It’s all in the title. Unfortunately, he’s also quite nutty for some reason. I won’t say why since it’s spoils the movie, though. It was alright. It’s kinda like a long Twilight Zone episode or something. The lady playing the mother was good. The boy did especially good since he had to be innocent as well as threatening during the movie.
  • Annihilation – This was another one me and Liz saw together on Hulu. I’d been meaning to see this one for a while now. It’s got Natalie Portman, Tessa Thompson, Oscar Issac, and weird sci-fi horror. Now that I’ve watched it, I’m not that satisfied. I thought it was fine but Liz hated the ending. I even thought the ending was pretty weird as well.  The visual effects and cinematography were nice, though. I’m actually thinking of delving into this one more in May. I was trying to look for the novel it was based on at McKay’s, but it looks like this will be an Amazon buy. I wonder if that book’s better than the movie.
  • Black Earth Rising – This is a Netflix Original miniseries that I found randomly one day. The trailer looked interesting, so I thought I’d watch it during my workout sessions. It’s about a Rwandan refugee who was adopted by a British lawyer. Years later, the lawyer tries to prosecute an African militia leader at the behest of Kate, the refugee. Let’s just say that stuff happens. I’m only at Episode 4 now, but I’ve been enjoying it so far. The lead actress (Michaela Coel) is pretty good and we got John Goodman in a supporting role. I need to finish this  one.


Well, I’m going to end this one off right here. I need to get some sleep. I’ll be back and forth between here and Wordpress for a bit. With St. Patrick’s Day coming up, I think I’m going to be a little green for a bit. For now, Peace, God Bless, and be careful out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment