Thursday, December 31, 2015

Random Thoughts #40 - This Weather's Weird, Man!

Yes, it really felt like this on Christmas.

What it is, yo? Yeah, I'm sticking with that! The time has come for that one last post of the year. Technically, it's not my last post of the year since I have one book I'm trying to get through today. I'm taking it easy tonight this time around. I might as well do this post now, so here are some lasting random thoughts.

Warm Weather During Christmas?
Well, it's finally cold during this time of year! Last week, we had not only a heatwave but some really tough rain. Christmas Day was good if pretty dull with all of the wetness and rain. I actually went back to bed after I opened my presents. On Saturday, me and my dad had to fix the fence in the front of our lot. The stream had knocked down most of it down and buried it in mud, wood, and other stuff. At least we didn't find anything weirder in there or this post would be much weirder. Now, the cold has finally settled in... Yay?

2015
So, it's finally come. 2015 is drawing to a close and I feel good. The year wasn't great of course. Life's like that and things won't always go your way. Still, I can say that I had a blessed year. God got me through it all. So, what are my plans for 2016? The list may look familiar, but that's how it is:
  • Get closer to God and be a better man 
  • Actually lose weight (I only lost a couple this year)
  • Find a good woman (being single is nice at times, but come on)
  • Actually get to do that remodeling
  • Get rid of debt
  • Live life to its fullest
WOMEN
Hmm... what can I say without coming off like a jackass? Eh, I'll pass this time. At least I'm finally looking. I've even talked to some interesting ones, but nothing's come yet. Though there is next year, so maybe Mrs. Williams is around the corner...

Star Wars: The Nostalgia Awakens
I went to go see the new movie a couple of weeks ago. I may have more to say later, so these will be just the broad strokes. I liked it overall. It was fun throughout the whole way. I liked the new characters like Rey, Finn, Poe, Maz Katana, and General Hux. Kylo Ren was really cool here and his story was really interesting. There's one scene that... well, may make you like him less though. The old cast was also well used for the most part. Seeing Han, Chewie, Leia, and Luke was good.

I do have a couple of negatives about it. I do feel like it rehashed A New Hope a bit too much in places. There were some things that were left unexplained. I get they wanted to be like the original trilogy, but I do think they should have explained a little more about what happened after Return of the Jedi especially with how the galaxy now operates. I should be able to see that in the film, not a book. Other than those things and the use of one old-school character, I liked it. It does make me want to see what happens next.
Guys, that's actually me with the lightsaber. 

..........................................................................

Well, it's been good. I'll be back next year. It might be a little less, but that's how it all goes. Here's an idea about next year:

COMING SOON: COMICS, MARTIAL ARTS, ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN (SERIOUSLY THIS TIME) BATMAN, SUPERMAN, KANYE WEST, MUSIC, MOVIES, VIDEO GAMES, MAYBE EVEN MORE THOUGHTS ABOUT WOMEN, X-MEN, THE LOS ANGELES LAKERS, STAR TREK, STAR WARS, JAVA, THE KRAKEN, MASS HYSTERIA, AND OTHER RANDOM GOODNESS!

Well, I'm out. Peace, God Bless, and be safe in the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment