Sunday, January 23, 2022

"It's a Video Game!" - My Time with Mass Effect Legendary Edition: Part 3


Well, it took a while, but I finally finished my time with Mass Effect 3. According to the Playstation 2021 Year-End thing, I put 125 hours into the whole trilogy. It's time well spent, I say! So, with saying all that, what do I think of this upgraded Mass Effect 3?

Like with Mass Effect 2, ME3 just received a bit of a coat of fresh paint. Not a lot has changed here. While there were a couple of noticeable changes (my crazy dance scene got taken out!), things are pretty much the same. I also know that they upgraded Tali's unmasked face, but I never got to see that since I was romancing Liara in this run. Everything from beginning to end was pretty much the same especially the ending. The baby still plays well. We got some of the best gunplay in the franchise with Shepard being a straight-up beast. The only thing I didn't revisit was the Omega DLC. I may do that some other time. 

While I'm here, I think it's time to set the record straight: I kinda like the ending. I know that the original ending didn't have the extra endings that showed what happened. Even then, I think a lot of folk were peeved that Shepard doesn't survive and get to go off into the sunset with Tali on Rannoch. While I do wish we had another ending where we got to do that, I do like what we got in that each ending wasn't a perfect fit. Each ending (there are four, by the way), does take a sacrifice. Even the "middle road" ending (Synthesis) doesn't sound that good. Still, I get the ire ME3 gets over the ending.

As for the pictures, I made a crapton here. I just wanted to get as many as I could, so here are the favorites:

Got my fade back! Guys, never let a white woman cut your hair!

One thing I loved about ME3 was the things going off on the side. This and another scene between a turian and a young girl waiting for her parents were so sad.

Looking quite nice in my N7 armor.


Now, this is the worst part of ME3!

Oh Mordin...posing as always.

Fighting with the two coolest aliens in the squad.

Take a break, Cerberus scum!

Kelly Chambers, I presume?

They must've heard me pass gas in this suit.

More space-walking.

While Shepard serves as Commander, he also serves as bartender.

My Shepard had a lot to be mean about these days.


Teamwork! Gotta love it!

Teaming up with Wrex for one more time.

Staring down my darker side.

Getting my dance on.

Trying to flirt with robots is a bit awkward.

Hmm... I like it!

Liara, I love you, but no selfies!

May be the best combination of biotic, tech, and gunplay.

Well, I just created my own "Delete This" meme. Yay.

I was so tempted to take this twerp out... I know what happens afterwards, so I couldn't.

.....................................................

And that ends another playthrough of the Mass Effect trilogy. I had a fun time doing this again. I don't know when I'll revisit the Mass Effect universe again though. Maybe in a couple more years. As for what my favorite game of the 3 is, it is still Mass Effect 2. All of them are close to that number one spot though. I love them for different reasons. ME1 brings the story and world to life, ME2 brings a pletora of characters and suspense, and ME3 brings the best gameplay as well as some well-earned story beats to an end. Well, That's all I got for now. Until then, Peace, God Bless, and be careful out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment