Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Random Thoughts #56 - "2020, A Year in Infamy... For Now!"

Well, it has been quite a few interesting days. 2021’s already started, things are a bit topsy-turvy. Wasn’t this a Billy Joel song? Anyway, I’ve been trying to take it easy this time. While I might be done with Themed Months for now (I’ll touch on that below), some kick-A$$ery will be talked about for a while. Anyway, onto another edition of Random Thoughts.

2020 – Kinda glad that’s over?

Well, 2020 has ended, and we can all agree that it wasn’t that good of a year. Yes, some good things happened in the year, but it was plagued with… a plague. COVID screwed up a lot of stuff for folk. Lives were lost, folk have been laid off, and people have been idiots. There are also the protests to consider. Add all that happening in a pretty messed up election year, and you end up with a pretty “eh” year. Oh yeah, it feels like the election woes are still continuing into this year with “Sore Idiots R Us” trying to riot a few days ago in Washington DC.

While COVID has done a number on the world, things for me have been okay. My health has gone through some changes, and we lost one of our oldest relatives. A lot of stuff has happened, but I ultimately can’t complain. I still have a job which is a new position, I finally got some stuff fixed with my house (my parents’ house is another story…), I’ve started to do more at the church I go to, and me and Liz are back together. I won’t say too much yet, but things are definitely going to change in this year. I got some news right before I went into quarantine that put so much excitement and worry into me. I will touch on that here soon.

By the way, I did indeed get the bug around Christmas. I will say one thing: I’ll take it over the Stomach Bug of Thanksgiving 2013. That’s not to say that it’s something to play around with since I’ve done my best to be careful out there. Before I got tested, I went right into quarantine mode because I wasn’t sure what was up. It hit like the flu to me. I either got it at an eye appointment or the dentist, but I’m not sure. Unfortunately, I wasn’t the only one to get hit in my family since my mom and great aunt had it too. How they got it is a mystery since I barely had contact with them. Still, it looks like the holidays are the most vulnerable times to get sick. I’m doing much better (I’ve been downing Vitamins for a few months before this), and my mom and aunt are getting better.

The Blog

Jin Sakai is definitely ready for COVID-19.

I’ve been blogging less. Most of that has to do with being busy in other areas of life. I still want to write about stuff, so you’ll being see some come soon. It may be like the previous years’ posts where I just do 50 in a year, but that sounds right for me now. I think I’m also doing away with themed months too. That’s something that I’ve wondered about over the last couple of years, and I think it’s time to do it. It frees me up to talk about more during the year anyway, and if I want to have a theme for a bit, I can always do it again.

Plans for 2021

Yes, I have plans instead of resolutions for this year. I ain’t letting no pandemic stop that! Yeah, those plans may involve me dressed up in the Urban Costume of Sub-Zero, but you can’t stop me! ‘Murica!

Anyway, here they are:

  • Be a better man – This is a continual thing. I want to do better as a son, boyfriend (and maybe more), worker, and anything else that enquires
  • Lose weight – 2020 didn’t help in this fact. I think the last time I went to the YMCA was March. I’m around 231, which isn’t bad but not great. I’ll get down to 200 one day. I just need to lay off the fast food.
  • Learn More – I didn’t get back to my coding for Python I tried to start last year, so I may take that back up again. Since I’m in a bit of a new field, I’ll also try to learn some more skills.
  • Read more – One thing I didn’t get to do this year was read more. Too much other stuff got in the way, so this is one plan I need to stick to.
  • Get Rid of Debt – This is an obvious one. I’ve gotten a couple stuff paid down last year, but it’s still going. With this new year, I know some will be coming because my Cruze just hit 250,000 miles a couple weeks ago. Goldie, you did me good.

………………………………………………………

I think I’ll cut it off here for now. I gonna catch up with some old movies that I’ve been wanting to cover here on the blog. All I can say is “wax on, wax off.” I also need to finish off this game I’ve been playing for a bit. Until then, Peace, God Bless, and keep ya head in this new year. Remember to calm down, do a little self-reflection, and most of all, be careful. We got some idiots doing dumb stuff. Yeah, maybe I shouldn’t call someone an idiot, but there are worse things I can call them. Besides, if I see ya doing something STUPID, someone’s got to call it out and maybe make a joke about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment