Sunday, January 1, 2017

Random Thoughts #43 - Here We Go Again

Well, a new year has dawned once again. I stayed at home this year and caught up on some recent X-Men movies. Plus, there was yesterday's post to deal with. Before that, I decided to re-visit a certain RPG called Mass Effect. In saying all of that, it's time for some Random Thoughts.

2016
2016 was... alright. I know folk say that 2016 was pretty horrid and I can't blame them. Stuff happened this year and not all of it was good. In my opinion, it was another year. The good and bad comes along with it. Still, it's been a blessed year even though it hasn't been perfect. I met new folk, ran a 5K, and lost little weight. I actually gain a few pounds since I know I passed the point I didn't want to pass (260, by the way). That's the last time I take an extended break from the YMCA! Luckily, I'm getting  back on that.

2017
So, what's the plan for 2017? One phrase "Go! Get to the choppa!" All sarcasm aside, my resolutions/plans are pretty much the same from last year:
  • Get closer to God and be a better man 
  • Actually lose weight  
  • Find a good woman. I like my free time but it's time.
  • Actually get to do that remodeling (Didn't get it done this year)
  • Get rid of debt 
  • Run another 5K
  • Get a new computer
  • Live life to its fullest and actually do something different.
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
I recently got to see the newest Star Wars movie with a friend. I thought it was pretty good. It definitely felt a little darker than most Star Wars movies. It showed the other side of that universe which was far from light and friendly to begin with. Even though we knew what happened, it felt like something worth seeing. I liked the characters like Jyn Erso, Chirrut, the droid, and... Apollo? Look, I don't remember Diego Luna's character's name and he looked like he should have been paling around with Dirk Benedict at times. 

 

The last act of the movie was also amazing especially when a certain Dark Lord shows up. I was also surprised by a few things in the movie. Let's just say some old faces  that aren't with us anymore show up. While I liked it, it could have been a little better at times. I did think that most of our heroes were underdeveloped at times. I also wish it was a little longer. It felt a little short at times. Overall, this is one prequel that kicked some major butt.

Well, that's all I got for now. I may post less this year like last year, but I'll make them all count. Since it's January, you can only guess what's coming next. Until then, Peace, God Bless, and be careful out there. 

COMING SOON: COMICS, MARTIAL ARTS, ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN, SUPERMAN, WONDER WOMAN, THE JUSTICE LEAGUE, KANYE WEST, MUSIC, MOVIES, VIDEO GAMES, MORE THOUGHTS ABOUT WOMEN, X-MEN, THE 1994 NEW YORK KNICKS, STAR TREK, STAR WARS, YO MOMMA,  BEA ARTHUR, JOHN HURT, THE KRAKEN, MASS HYSTERIA, AND OTHER RANDOM GOODNESS!


No comments:

Post a Comment