Sunday, January 30, 2011

Favorite Songs - The Police

Hmm...so what else can I do with this blog?

Ah ha! Favorite songs from my favorite artists! Let me see how long I can keep this up...

Favorite Songs - The Police
Here is a list of my favorite songs from the Police. Some of them are hits. The rest are songs that I like for some reason.

10. Roxanne
Yep, I like this song. The song's one of the hits from their first album. The song's fast, and the lyrics are different. Plus, any song about a woman of the night is my type of song (yep. Sarcasm.).
Favorite Lyrics:

“Roxanne
you don't have to put on the red light
those days are over
you don't have to sell you body to the night”




9. Every Breath You Take
Yeah, this song's on here too. It's the first Police song I heard (by the way, thanks 92.9 FM.). Some say that the song’s a bit stalkerish though, I don't know though.It's still a catchy song. My favorite part of the song is down here:

“Since you've gone I've been lost without a trace
I dream at night
I can only see your face
I look around but it's you I can't replace
I feel so cold and I long for your embrace
I keep crying baby, baby please”

Man, this dude sounds desperate.




8. Can't Stand Losing You/Reggatta De Blanc
This is a tie, especially if you’ve heard RDB (I’m not typing Regatta De Blanc many time tonight.). Anyway, the song is about a guy who can’t stand his woman leaving him. So, He’s decided to off himself…Yeah, this is a weird song, but the music sounds so good. Favorite part? The musical interlude.




7. When the World Is Running Down, You Make the Best of What's Still Around
This song is something that I have just got into. The song is pretty much about a guy trying to enjoy these objects that he has had for years and years.The music rarely changes a beat. It just keeps on going and going and going, and I like it. Favorite lyrics?

“Don't like the food I eat
The cans are running out
Same food for years and years
I hate the food I eat”




6. Synchronicity 2
Here’s another fave of mine. While Synchronicity 1 is about ….something, Synchronicity 2 centers around a family trying to live their lives. The music is fast, with Copleand drumming and Sting bassing (?). I also love the guitar playing in this song coming from Summers. Favorite Lyrics?

“And every single meeting with his so-called superior
Is a humiliating kick in the crotch”

“Many miles away something crawls to the surface of a dark Scottish lake”




5. Driven To Tears
This is another song that I have recently gotten into. The song, from what I can tell, is about being fed up with how the worold does its business sometimes. I have to admit, I gotta agree with some of the stuff that’s said. Anything my favorite on this song? Well, I’ll let you hear it, but be warned: you will love the drumming.




4. Walking on the Moon
I like this song for a few reasons. It has a reggae feel, the drumming is a little different, and the lyrics are nice. It has a love song feel, but it doesn’t feel all lovey-dovey.




3. Omegaman
This song is just one of those songs that I just like. It’s not a hit in the mainstream, but it’s a hit to me. I guess that this song is about loneliness in a way. The music, of course, is just awesome. My favourite part is probably the chorus where you have an awesome beat on the drums.



Unfortunately, there is no live version of this song by the group. Instead, I'll leave you with this video I made a long time ago.


2. Wrapped Around Your Finger
This is another one of those songs that I just like just cause. From what I heard, It’s about the relationship between a master and an apprentice. The song is just great, plus the music video is kinda cool and funny if you think about it.
Favorite lyrics:

“Mephistopheles is not your name,
I know what you’re up to just the same”

Ouch. I would hate to say that to someone.

Live version:


Music Video:

SLOW MOTION!


1. Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic
Here is my favorite song of the Police. It’s a love song of course. The song, to me, is about a guy wanting to tell the woman of his dreams that he loves her, but he can’t get the nerve . Hmm…reminds me of someone…oh yeah. Anyway, the lyrics are good, the music is awesome, and it gives me a good feeling.

Favorites? The whole frickin’ song! Duh!



Honorable mentions? Let’s see: Bring on the Night, Spirits of the Material World, and Message in a Bottle. I could talk about them...Nah!

Well, this was interesting. I might do again using another group or artist. Which one? That you will have to guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment